Gerontological Society of America (GSA) Immunization Champions, Advocates, and Mentors Program (ICAMP)
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) reminds healthcare professionals to apply to its ICAMP Academy-a multidisciplinary leadership component of GSA’s Immunization Champions, Advocates, and Mentors Program (ICAMP). ICAMP Academy is a 1.5-day multidisciplinary program for healthcare professionals who are committed to increasing adult vaccination rates, improving their patients’ health, and improving quality metrics in their organization. Through this program, participants are not instructed how to vaccinate, but rather how to improve organizational performance on immunization quality metrics and lead their organization’s immunization efforts.
The ICAMP Academy was developed by GSA’s National Adult Vaccination Program (NAVP) for multidisciplinary providers including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. The program provides insights on how to implement the National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC) Standards for Adult Immunization Practice through the use of practical tools and sharing of best practices.
Coach air travel, hotel room, travel expenses, and program fees for participants are fully covered by ICAMP sponsors. We encourage you to refer and recommend this opportunity to individuals in your organization who actively support adult immunization. Applications will be reviewed by the NAVP workgroup, and participants will be chosen based upon their dedication to improving adult health through immunization and their interest in quality healthcare delivery performance outcomes. Apply now, as space is limited!
GSA ICAMP Academies in 2016
* February 15-16, 2016 in Los Angeles, CA; application deadline is Sunday, January 31, 2016
* March 28-29, 2016 in Atlanta, GA; application deadline is Sunday, January 31, 2016
* May 16-17, 2016 in Washington, DC; application deadline is Sunday, March 31, 2016
* June 20-21, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ; application deadline is Sunday, April 3, 2016
* Application form for ICAMP<http://www.navp.org/champions-what-works/>
* National Vaccine Advisory Committee’s Standards for Adult Immunization Practice<http://www.izsummitpartners.org/adult-immunization-standards/> on the National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit website<http://www.izsummitpartners.org/>