Pre-Teen and Teen (7-18 Years) Immunizations
Immunizations are recommended throughout life – they are not only for children. It is important for pre-teens and teens to continue getting regular check-ups, that include all recommended immunizations. Certain immunizations are recommended specifically for pre-teens at the 11-12 year old check-up, including the tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) booster, the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine series, and the Meningococcal vaccine. Pre-teens and Teens also need a yearly influenza (flu) vaccine and may need to catch-up on any childhood immunizations they missed.
For more information on Pre-teen and Teen immunizations visit the CDC’s website.
- Immunization Schedule for Preteens and Teens, 2020
- Pre-Teen Vaccines
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- American College Health Association
- National Meningitis Association
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
- Get Vaxed (health website for adolescents and young adults)