The Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition (PAIC) is an organization of volunteers consisting of individuals and organizations that have an interest in advancing the mission of timely and effective immunizations for all Pennsylvania residents.
To promote timely and effective immunizations for all Pennsylvania residents across their life span.
The PAIC is a diverse group of passionate, energetic, and committed partners working together to ensure that no one in Pennsylvania suffers from vaccine preventable illnesses. We believe this can be achieved through focusing our efforts on education, advocacy, and access.
- Leading statewide education efforts to increase public awareness of recommended immunizations.
- Supporting statewide professional immunization education.
- Sharing best practices in immunization promotion and education.
- Working in partnership with our members and their organizations to advocate policy issues related to childhood, adolescent, and adult immunizations.
- Facilitating and supporting partnership formation among community groups, local health departments, local coalitions, businesses, and other agencies throughout Pennsylvania to promote public awareness and improve access to immunizations.
- Attracting and retaining members from a wide array of organizations who are actively involved in working toward achieving the coalition’s mission.
- Securing diversified, multi-year funding to support the coalition’s work.
Did You Know?
Despite generally high coverage with DTP and DTaP, Pertussis, also known as Whooping Cough, is one of the leading causes of vaccine-preventable deaths world-wide. Most deaths occur in young infants who are either unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated; three doses of DTP is necessary for protection against pertussis. Although ninety-percent of all cases occur in third world countries, Pennsylvania recorded 272 probable cases in 2005.