Celebrate National Immunization Awareness Month with PAIC! National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) is an annual observance held in August to highlight the importance of vaccination for people of all ages.
- We highlighted Carol Ferguson from PA Polio Survivors Network as a PAIC vaccine advocate on social media, check out the post on our Facebook or Instagram pages!
- Social media assets: National Immunization Awareness Month starts on Monday and PAIC would like to give you some tools to use on your social media that are co-brandable! Throughout the month, PAIC will be posting the social media posts that are attached on an organized schedule that we encourage you to follow as well. Find the toolkit here, you can save each slide as a picture to share! Here is the schedule to follow:
- Week 3: Growing up vaxxed
- Slide 8: Kids in school – post on Tuesday, August 16th
- Slide 9: HPV focus – post on Wednesday, August 17th
- Slide 10: community resources – post on Thursday August 18th
- Week 4: Vax across the USa
- Slide 11: Vaccination unites us – post on Wednesday, August 24th
- Week 5: Finishing touches
- Slide 12: Take the quiz – post on Monday, August 29th
- Two NIAM toolkits to help communicate with healthcare providers and parents and patients
- Sample newsletter announcements to reach healthcare providers and parents and patients
- Educational resources for healthcare providers and parents and patients
- Childhood and Adolescent Immunization schedules
- Adult Vaccine Assessment Tool
- NIAM Graphics that can be used for social media, websites, newsletters, and other materials.
- Talking to Recipients about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Your COVID-19 Vaccination
- Resources to Promote the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children & Teens
Bucks County Immunization Coalition: Clinics at our senior centers in Bucks County for NIAM. Please see the schedule below (Center Name and Date of Clinic Time of Clinic):
- Pennridge -9/28/22 9:30am-12:30pm
Chester County Immunization Coalition:
- CCIC Vaccine Advocacy Your Call to Action! “I am asking you to act to tell your local legislator why you support strong vaccine policies to protect you, your family, and your community. I have shared Vaccinate Your Families state advocacy materials and a link to an easy email form to share to support vaccine policy. If you have more time a phone call to your Legislator and/or a hand-written letter makes an even bigger impact and is always read and shared with the Legislators”
- Easy Email Form to Support Vaccine policy
- Find your legislator
- Vaccinate Your Family – State Advocacy
PA Polio Survivors Network:
- Ava the Antibody is a special book for children.
- We have asked children to send us “reviews” of this marvelous story (along with their photo of course). Honest and childlike, we are enjoying what we’ve seen.
- We are happy to receive them in either written or video form.
- We will be featuring these reviews during the month of August.
- Please ask your children/grandchildren/students to participate.
- Email us their story: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include their photo.
- We will publish first names ONLY.
- We will be highlighting a survivor story each week on our FB page: Polio Survivors Serving Others.
- These stories draw attention to the REALITIES of this vaccine preventable disease.